The new NASAO Data Collection Service (DCS) for Non-Federal AWOS III is a system that is very flexible, and allows collection and access to both FAA, and non-FAA data on an up to the minute basis. METARs are transmitted to the FAA on a 20 minute basis, but IWAPI can collect data from the AWOS every minute, giving customers more up-to-date weather information and extensive history. IWAPI has spent nearly four years developing this fully operational DCS on behalf of NASAO, and working very closely with the FAA to refine this data handling process. This is a great economical solution for airports to get their AWOS III data published and made publicly available to customers using a browser, or even their web-enabled phone. Get your data published!
- Only DCS authorized by the FAA through NASAO.
- METARs are forwarded to WMSCR, and through WMSCR to NOAA, NWS, and others.
- Can operate with many communication sources (broadband wireless, Ethernet, Wi-Fi), making this service available to any airport.
- Secure and reliable data transmission.
- Uses the FAA's new Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) gateway; all other data channels to WMSCR may be discontinued.
- Able to collect camera images if desired.
- Provides historic archiving of METAR's above and beyond WMSCR (up to one minute observations).
- Turn key, no software development costs, VPN's, etc.
- Direct data feeds and web access available.
- Fully operational in multiple states.
- Very economical, and costs much less than using traditional methods of data collection.